October 24, 2012

(Sartorial) Reality Does Not Bite!

I had a hankering to watch Reality Bites tonight, starring Winona Ryder, and I nearly forgot what a very fashionable movie it is!

Albeit I remember the mid-nineties when this film came out - and a lot of the accompanying styles - but I think they did get some things right in the sartorial department.

Exhibit A:


Lalena's amazing mechanic shirt, which I could not find any other pictures of on the whole Internet (I took the screen shots as proof that this amazing outfit actually happened).

Exhibit B:


Yeah, pretty much that vest, Winona's haircut and Janine's amazing '60s scooter dress...Not to mention "My Sharona" playing in the background and their amazing dance moves, which crack me up.

Exhibit C:



What with the mustard tights, platform sandals, sick sunglasses and fitted sundress? Bravo, costume stylist!

Exhibit D:



These glasses with that hair and red lips...Enough inspiration for a year!

XO,

Jeezum Crow.






No comments:

Post a Comment